BATTLE OF THE SCHOOLS: The Scoop
Calling on all the Wheel-Teachers.
This month, we want you to saddle up and ride with us. We've created a friendly competition among the high schools in Regina to find out who is the top school in the Queen City. If you want to register in the Battle of the Schools, keep reading below...
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:Who: Each of Regina's High Schools
What: A school vs. school competition where student riders work to accumulate points for their team and individual points by showing up and riding hard.
Each student receives two free rides (call 306.559.0238 to claim) and points are earned by:
- Riding alone or with friends during any regularly scheduled ride.
- Riding with your Phys Ed class (ask your teacher to book a ride with us)
When: Starting October 15 until December 15, 2017 (YEP, TWO MONTHS)
Where: Wheelhouse Cycle Club EAST and Wheelhouse Cycle Club CENTRAL
Why: To create healthy competition and community through the long-standing tradition of Regina high school rivalry.
HERE'S WHAT YOU COULD WIN:
- An epic party at Wheelhouse for all of your school's riders
- In conjunction with the party, back-to-back DJ rides to be used as fundraisers for your school's initiative/group/charity of choice.
- A ride pack each.
- A Wheelhouse clothing prize pack each.
- Prizes for top male and top female rider at each school and overall.
- Bragging rights and the Battle Cup.
HERE'S THE FINE PRINT:
- Points accumulated in each ride count towards your school's overall score.
- Riding five times makes you eligible for the individual prize packages.
- Each student receives 2 free rides on us. (call 306.559.0238 to claim)
- Use the discount code: STUDENTRIDER for 25% off any ride or package.
- Competition hack: Just show up without registering to any ride and pay only $5 to ride.
- Winner declared based on total points on December 15th!
HERE'S HOW TO SIGN UP:
- Create an account or login here.
- Ride like crazy as an individual. Just be sure to mention to a staff member which school you're riding for.
- Ride with your Phys Ed class.
Ready to ride? Know a high school student who would be?
Let them know.
Let the battle begin.